FSC®: protecting forests for the future
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) represents the world's highest standards in forest management. Products are only awarded the FSC® quality seal if these standards are fulfilled and full traceability in the timber production value chain is guaranteed.
Over two thirds of our wood range complies with the FSC® criteria, rising to 100 percent for Oecoplan wood products. Thanks to Oecoplan, there is always an FSC®-certified or recycled alternative for paper products for the home, kitchen and office. All our milk and drink cartons are also FSC®-certified.
The ten binding FSC® standards
- Compliance with legislation
- Employee rights and working conditions
- Rights of indigenous people
- Relations with the local population
- Benefits of the forest
- Environmental values and environmental impact
- Management planning
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Preservation of forests of high conservation value
- Implementation of management measures
Three variants of the FSC® quality seal
Customers can always obtain a clear picture of the raw materials contained in a product.
- FSC® 100%: exclusively wood or fibres from FSC®-certified forests
- FSC® Mix: Mix of wood/fibres from FSC®-certified forests, wood/fibres from controlled sources and/or recycled wood/fibres.
- FSC® Recycling: exclusively recycled wood/recycled fibres