Nutrition and health promotion
Wide product range, transparent nutritional information and motivation to be more physically active in daily life.
Eating a balanced diet and feeling well
As a healthy diet is based on variety and choice, we offer customers a wide range of fresh, organic, vegetarian, low-calorie and lactose- and gluten-free products. We also work with various partners to promote more physical activity.
Under Naturaplan and Naturafarm, we sell environmentally friendly and humanely produced products. Betty Bossi food products can be prepared quickly or consumed directly, while Qualité & Prix products with the blue dot stand for calorie-conscious dining. Vegetarians, vegans and people looking for an alternative to meat will find a suitable choice with Karma, Délicorn and Veganz. Free From makes it easier for people who suffer food intolerances to do their daily shopping. And JaMaDu offers fun and nutritionally balanced products for children.
Knowing what's in the product
The transparent nutritional information and declarations which, on our own label products, often go beyond the statutory requirements enable our customers to make well-informed purchase decisions. In 2007, we became the first retailer in Switzerland to display the «Food Profile» on our own label products, showing how much energy, fat, saturated fatty acids, carbohydrates, sugar, fibre, protein and table salt are contained in a portion and per 100g. It also indicates the percentage of the recommended daily allowance this covers.
Commitment to healthy eating
- To encourage consumers to eat more fruit and vegetables, we are involved in the 5 a Day campaign, run by the Swiss Cancer League and the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH).
- We are also an active member of actionsanté. This initiative of the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) and the Swiss Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office (FSVO) has, together with companies, promoted a healthy lifestyle in Switzerland since 2009.
- With the Swiss Society for Nutrition Research (SGE), we organized the series of studies entitled «Focus on Eating Trends», helping raise awareness of a balanced diet here in Switzerland.
- Together with patients' organization Swiss Coeliac Association in German-speaking Switzerland, we support activities to provide information about a gluten-free diet.
- We are also a member of the Federation of the Swiss Food Industry (FIAL), which actively seeks solutions that take the greatest possible account of the market as well as the concerns of a healthy lifestyle.
- We engage in regular dialogue with the Swiss Diabetes Society.
Enough physical activity in daily life
Besides a balanced diet, enough exercise is essential. Therefore, we have sponsorship commitments at various levels, promoting more physical activity in daily life.
- The Coop Municipality Duel, for instance, is one of Switzerland's biggest mass-participation sporting events. The event takes place as part of the Schweiz Bewegt project, which is organized by the Federal Office for Sport (FSO), the Swiss Foundation for Health Promotion and other partners.
- Since 2007, we have been involved in fit-4-future, an initiative to combat lack of exercise and obesity in schoolchildren.
- Another programme aimed specifically at young people is Gorilla, the national prevention project to promote a healthy weight among children and young people run by the Schtifti Foundation.