Clear principles for reliable partnerships
We treat our suppliers as business partners, with mutual respect, transparency and fairness. In the process, we seek to ensure that the provisions of the antitrust law are respected, and we attach great importance to fighting corruption and do not permit our buyers to accept gifts or cash payments.
Since 2004, we have consistently implemented the following business principles:
- Before any contract is signed, our business partners are informed of the terms and conditions for supplying Coop, the marketing required, the manner in which new products are launched and the product communication strategy. Range decisions are made on the basis of objective and disclosed criteria.
- We treat our suppliers equitably, granting them the same prices and conditions for the same performance. All of our business partners are subject to a standard framework agreement. All proposals for new products are given the same unprejudiced consideration based on a standardized procedure.
Extraordinary social and environmental efforts are rewarded
- We give preference to products that are produced in an especially environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner.
- For comparable products and services we give preference to producers in Switzerland.
- Business partners are kept up to date on the latest developments at Coop. In return, we expect our partners to be equally communicative about any delivery bottlenecks, innovations or problems with quality.
- The sums our partners are asked to pay for our sales promotion measures are based on clearly defined communication and advertising services or on special sales promotion activities.
- We support Swiss farming at times of excess supply by special campaigns to dispose of surplus crops.
- We are committed to efficient and fair competition. Our employees undertake not to accept any gifts, commissions, loans or cash payments from our business partners or to offer them the same. We do not aid or abet tax offences.