- Prepare the chicken shawarma: Cut the chicken into thin strips, place in a bowl and mix together with the chicken shawarma mix and 2 tbsp of oil. Leave to marinate for 5 mins. Heat the frying pan, fry the chicken strips until golden brown, turning occasionally. In the meantime, chop the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and head lettuce to the desired size.
- Assemble the wrap: Heat the 6 wraps, either together for 1 min. in the microwave at 900 W or individually in a frying pan for 20 secs. Spread 1 tbsp of tahini sauce evenly over each wrap and fill with a little lettuce, tomato, onion and warm shawarma chicken. Fold the wrap and serve. Tip: Add gherkins for a slightly acidic note.
- Plate up the salad: Mix the remaining vegetables in a salad bowl along with 1 tbsp of olive oil and the pomegranate sauce.
- 1-3 cans chickpeas (depending on how many types)
- 1-3 MEZEAST spice paste for hummus (depending on how many types)
- 1-3 tbsp olive oil (depending on how many types)
- 60 g black olives
- 1 Mezeast harissa spicy tomato & chilli paste
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 4 sprigs coriander (optional)
- 2 sprigs parsley (optional)
- Basic hummus: Drain the chickpeas well in a sieve. Transfer to a blender and add the MEZEAST hummus spice paste, 1 tbsp olive oil and 3-4 tbsp water. Don't blitz until the ingredients for the respective hummus variety have been added.
- Olive hummus: To make the olive hummus, add the olives to the basic hummus and blitz briefly. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
- Harissa hummus: To make the harissa hummus, add 1 tbsp harissa to the basic hummus and blitz briefly. Add more harissa depending on how hot you like it.
- Avocado hummus: To make the avocado hummus, add the diced avocado to the basic hummus and blitz briefly. Garnish with a little chopped coriander, as desired.
- Plate up and serve: Arrange the 3 different types of hummus on a tray and serve. Enjoy, Habibi!
Ingredients (4 people)
- 120 g bulgur
- 40 g finely chopped parsley
- 20 g finely chopped mint
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp MEZEAST pomegranate sauce
- Cook the bulgur: Cook the bulgur as per the packet instructions. Drain the excess water and leave to cool for several minutes.
- Mix the ingredients: Combine the bulgur with all the other ingredients.
- Garnish and serve: Drizzle the MEZEAST pomegranate sauce and a little olive oil on top of the salad. Enjoy, Habibi!
Ingredients (3 people)
- 1 large sweet potato (approx. 250 g)
- 1 Mezeast spice mix for falafels
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Prepare the sweet potato: Prick the sweet potato several times with a fork. Cook the sweet potato in the microwave for 8-10 mins. Turn half way through. Alternatively, cut the sweet potato into cubes and boil in water for 10 mins.
- Prepare the falafel mixture: Place the cooked sweet potato in a bowl and finely mash with a fork. Add the MEZEAST spice mix for falafels and mix well with the sweet potato using a fork. If the mixture is too moist, add a few breadcrumbs.
- Shape and fry the falafels: Shape the mixture into balls of equal size, heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the falafels until golden brown.