The Story of Glen Grant:
Glen Grant was established in 1840 in Rothes (Speyside region) by the brothers John and James Grant. Following the death of the two brothers, the Glen Grant Distillery was taken over by John's nephew, James The Major Grant. He was inventive, sociable, liked to travel, lived according to his own rules, and set new standards in many respects. The current master distiller, Dennis Malcolm, began his career at Glen Grant in 1961 as an apprentice cooper. Today, with his unwavering passion and his incomparable specialist knowledge, he symbolises the excellent quality of the company's products. Glen Grant has been part of the Campari Group since 2006.
Distillery and Production:
The production process for Glen Grant Single Malt Whisky has remained unchanged since 1840 and is a guarantee of extraordinary authenticity and flavour. The distillery, its premises and the taste of its whisky in particular bear the stamp of James The Major Grant, who introduced the very slim pot stills. The liquid runs through the unusually slim distillation equipment and purifier, acquiring its fresh and malty taste in the process.
Glen Grant Major’s Reserve is produced in homage to James The Major Grant. Some of the whisky is not going on sale but will end up in the distillery's private cellars as a reserve.