No other Scotch distillery:
- still cultivates its own barley
- still operates its own floor maltings
- still employs coopers for barrel care and a coppersmith to look after the stills.
- Alongside Glenfiddich, the only distillery in the Highlands with own bottling facility.
- Whole process of single malt production takes place at Balvenie, from the barley field to bottle
- Gold medal winner: At the International Spirit Competition 2006 Balvenie won with 6 gold medals, the most of any spirits brand in a single year.
Independent family business: William Grant & Sons (Glenfiddich and Hendrick's Gin) was named Distiller of the Year for the 6th time in 2006.