Louis Henry Denis Jadot founded the Maison Louis Jadot trading house in Beaune in 1859 – though in fact the story begins even earlier, in 1826, when his family came into possession of the Beaune Premier Cru Clos des Ursules. Subsequent generations steadily developed the company by purchasing additional vineyards and opening up new markets. Pierre-Henry Gagey has been chairman of SAS Maison Louis Jadot since 1992. Today the vineyards cover 210 hectares in the Côte d'Or, Mâconnais and Beaujolais. A traditional company, Louis Jadot has a particularly strong foothold in Beaune – owning no fewer than ten different Premier Cru sites in this commune. Even such large Burgundian companies as Louis Jadot work in a very detail-oriented way. The whole team talks about the vineyard sites as if they were old friends, wanting each cru to express its individuality.